If they need a little more TLC you can use a soft toothbrush, some warm water and a mild dish washing detergent. Very gently give the piece a soak and scrub and then dry with a soft cloth. Then give a light polish with a polishing cloth. Do not use toothpaste or baking soda as they are abrasive and will scratch your jewellery.
If your jewellery has become too tarnished to clean yourself you can always send it back to me for a professional clean. There may be a fee applied and you are required to pay for return postage.
A few rules of thumb to protect your jewellery and maintain its finish...
REMOVE YOUR JEWELLERY
- Before bathing or washing your hands (to avoid soapy build-up)
- Before entering chlorinated water (like pools and spas)
- Before strenuous or impactful tasks (sport, gym, gardening, cleaning, etc.)
- Before applying make-up or any beauty products
- Before going to bed (chains/earrings can be broken overnight)
- Before going in the ocean
STORE YOUR JEWELLERY
- Away from chemicals, extreme temperatures and sunlight
- In its original packaging or a soft cotton pouch
- Individually, so as not to scratch neighbouring pieces